Perry J. Franklin Sr., MBA – President and Principal in Charge
Perry is president and founder of Franklin Associates, LLC, a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Hudson Initiative firm based in Baton Rouge, LA. His extensive community outreach, community affairs and redevelopment backgrounds have resulted in the creation and maintenance of a team with unparalleled experience and advantages in the fields of communications, project management and planning.
Specifically, Perry’s background includes:
- Partnership development across community segments for effective collaboration
- National Director of Community and Governmental Affairs for Louisiana’s Road Home Program
- Issues management and policy development on statewide and national task forces
- Public hearing facilitation
- Survey development and analysis
- Registered Louisiana lobbyist
- Well-respected entrepreneurship presenter
- Master of Business Administration from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge
Risa Mueller, PMP – Vice President, Senior Public Affairs Strategist
With more than 29 years of experience in the communications, marketing, and project management fields, Risa’s dedication to successful conclusions has served the firm’s clients well. Risa joined the Franklin team in 2006, and currently manages client relations, provides deliverables oversight and facilitates the firm’s communications and project management practices. A native of Terrebonne Parish, she works from the firm’s Baton Rouge office and travels regularly throughout the state and southeast United States. Her directly relevant experience includes:
- Community relations management for private and public clients across the state
- Media relations adviser for clients statewide, including planning firms, engineering firms, petrochemical companies, and numerous non-profit organizations
- Facilitator of collaborations across multiple layers of project contractors, including employees, executive management and state leadership on statewide projects such as Louisiana Road Home (OCD) and BAYOU HEALTH rollout (DHH)
- Effective management of community outreach and interactive public participation efforts on local, parish and statewide projects
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and certified Project Management Professional through the Project Management Institute
Kyla Collier – HR/Outreach Manager
Kyla is a prime example of how Franklin’s team breathes life into its motto of “Putting People First” within communities. Internally, her ability to work with staff across the country to keep the human resources functions flowing for the organization is critical to the firm’s success. Externally, her capacity to interact with community residents, business leaders and project directors in a calm, open and welcoming manner assures that her events flow well. Based in the firm’s Baton Rouge office, Kyla has coordinated and implemented over 100 community meetings and hearings within Louisiana across multiple projects for Franklin over a nine-year span of time. Her relevant experience includes:
- Developing and implementing community events for clients
- Coordination of inbound and outbound telephone outreach for surveys and event promotions
- Coordination of collateral printing and event logistics
- Conducting grassroots outreach efforts
- Project Management support
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge
James Taylor, AICP – Senior Planner and Project Manager
James is a certified urban planner with over 17 years of experience in his field. He is proficient in redevelopment planning, park system and recreation planning, and cultural/historic resource planning. James has technical expertise with GIS data analysis and mapping and also is skillful with landscape architectural design and construction document production. James earned his undergraduate degree in horticultural science from Clemson University and his masters of landscape architecture from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. His specific experience includes:
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Redevelopment Planning
- GIS Analysis & Cartography
- Cultural-Heritage Tourism Planning
- Public Meeting Presentations
- Survey Development and Analysis
- Website Development and Content Maintenance
- Landscape Design
- Project Management
With experience in the construction management field, Mr. Devall is assisting Franklin Associates with implementation of a housing rehab project in East Baton Rouge parish for the Parish’s Redevelopment Authority. Ted previously worked for Mid City Redevelopment Alliance managing their home renovation program.
His role includes:
- Field inspection of construction and renovation activities
- Case management
- Oversee environmental inspections process by 3rd party contractor
Anne Broderick, MBA, PMP – Sr Project Manager
Anne, a certified Project Management Professional since 2009, joined the Franklin team in 2018 and brings over a decade of experience in managing and operating large complex projects across a wide spectrum of programs. Her knowledge base ranges from disaster recovery programs focusing on grant management to policy and procedure development for the largest nuclear generator site in North America. As PMO lead for Deepwater Horizon Claims administration, Anne was responsible for developing, testing, tracking and reporting all statistical data associated with the country’s largest class action settlement. As a Consulting Manager for this program, Anne established operation policies and procedures necessary to manage over 3,000 employees located across the Gulf Coast. Anne’s focus on developing key performance indicators resulted in significant improvements in efficiency and staff performance.
Johnathan Hill – Project Manager
Johnathan is a Ph.D. candidate in organizational leadership, possesses a masters degree in ministry and a bachelors in business management with a minor in political science. Though new to Franklin during the fall of 2018, Mr. Hill will be instrumental in assisting our core team with public engagement efforts and in general project management tasks. His work experience includes serving as a program coordinator for the Louisiana Highway Safety Commission, a special agent for the Louisiana Department of Justice, and Executive Director for Young Emerging Leaders of Louisiana. He has been engaged with community organization such as MetroMorphosis, Capitol High School Alumni Association, and is a past fellow of the Urban Leadership Development Initiative.
Jasmine Haralson – Project Manager
Jasmine J. Haralson, Communications Project Manager, has nearly 20 years of experience in governmental affairs, community engagement, public relations and public policy. She has held various roles in the public sector and possesses a proven record as an external-facing representative and liaison to diverse audiences, including the media, business leaders, contractors, and legislative bodies, on behalf of organizations and senior leaders.
Her previous roles include: Senior Legislative Aide, N.O. City Council District B, Deputy Director of the City of New Orleans Department of Parks & Parkways, Chief of Staff, N.O. City Council District A, Chief Aide to the Clerk of Orleans Parish Criminal District Court, Director of External Affairs/Board Secretary for the New Orleans Redevelopment Authority and Community Engagement Manager for the Port of New Orleans.
Throughout her career she has led and served on teams that have crafted various public policies and procedures as they pertain to residential and commercial disposition of properties, boards and commissions organizational structure as well as regional plans for disaster recovery efforts in response to Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Jasmine received her Bachelor of General Studies-Public Relations/Public Policy degree from the University of New Orleans. She has served on the boards of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation, Legacy Donor Foundation, New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute and co-chaired the Diversity Council for Tales of the Cocktail. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Tres Doux Foundation. She is a 2011 New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute (NORLI) Graduate and was a 2004 YWCA Role Model..